The CUAM University Foundation is pleased to announce that the call "Personalising health and care" proposed by the European Commission as part of the Horizon 2020 initiative, was closed on 14 October. The project proposal has been prepared by the Prof. Mariarosa Anna Beatrice Melone on Behalf of the Interuniversity Center of Research in Neuroscience of Naples (Italy) and in the proposal the figure CUAM University Foundation as a partner with the support of the following universities:
- Eqrem Cabej of Gjirokastra (Albania);
- University of Shkodra “Luigi Gurakuqi” (Albania)
- Gomel State Medical University (Bielorussia);
- Universitè Saint Thomas d’Aquin de Ouagadougou (USTA) (Burkina Faso);
- University for Development Studies (Ghana);
- Lithuanian Sports University (Lituania);
- Klaipeda State College, Public Institution (Lituania);
- Goce Delcev University of Stip (UGD) (Macedonia);
- University of Makeni (Sierra Leone);
- University of Lo’au (Tonga);
- Ondokuz Mayis Univeristy (Turchia).
The main objective of this project called NEMESIs (Neurodegeneration, Environmental Modifiers, Ecological and Social Impacts) project is to setup a new eco-epidemiological approach to characterize at local scale the spatial relationships between neurodegenerative diseases (ND) occurrence and environmental risk factors through a georeferenced map.