The University seeks to be distinctive locally, regionally and internationally as well as being pioneer in fields of education, scientific research, community service and environmental development.
Tanta University is keen on creating an effective academic environment through continuous development of academic programs in various specializations, in the light of the needs of development plans and meeting students’ needs of knowledge and skills in the framework of social values and traditions, in addition to offering learning opportunities and professional development for graduates in various sectors in order to keep up with progress and realize the aspirations of labor market.
Moreover, the University is committed to providing fundamentals of creativity in different areas of serious methodical scientific research so as to develop science, knowledge and sustainable development as well as solving community problems.
In 1962, President of the United Arab Republic issued Decree No. 1647 to establish Alexandria Faculty of Medicine in Tanta.
In 1969, President of the United Arab Republic issued Decree No. 1088 to establish new faculties in some universities. These included Faculty of Commerce in Tanta, whose original name was the High Commercial Institution in Tanta affiliated to the Ministry of Higher Education, Faculties of Science and Teachers in Tanta and Faculty of Agriculture in Kafr El-Sheikh, whose original name was the High Agricultural Institution in Kafr El-Sheikh affiliated to the Ministry of Higher Education. These all were affiliated to Alexandria University.
In 1970, President of the United Arab Republic issued Decree No. 1578 to establish branches for Cairo, Alexandria and Ain Shams Universities. Therefore, a branch for Alexandria University was established in Tanta. This branch included Faculties of Medicine, Commerce, Science and Teachers in Tanta and Faculty of Agriculture in Kafr El-Sheikh.
In 1972, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt issued Decree No. (49) for universities organization and cancelled the previous Decree No. 184 in 1958. It stated, in its 2nd article, paragraph (e), establishing Middle Delta University in Tanta, whose name was modified to be Tanta University. As a result, and upon the Presidential Decree No. 54 in 1973, Tanta University has become the fifth university, after the Universities of Cairo, Alexandria, Ain Shams, and Assiut.
In 1974, the First Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers issued Decree No. 12 to establish Faculty of Education in Shebeen El-Kom, which was affiliated to Tanta University. According to the Decree, Faculty of Agriculture in Shebeen El- Kom became affiliated to Tanta University instead of Ain Shams University.
In 1975, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt issued Decree No. 809, which stated the Executive Bylaw of the Universities Organization Law No.49 in 1972 (first chapter- Fifth). This Decree stated that Tanta University includes Faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science, Medicine (which includes Departments of Dentistry and Pharmacy), Education and Agriculture in Kafr El-Sheikh and Education in Shebeen El-Kom. Then, in the same year, the Prime Minister issued Decree No. 924 to modify the Bylaw by adding Faculties of Engineering and Technology in Shebeen El-Kom and Faculty of Electronic Engineering in Monouf to Tanta University.
In 1976, the Prime Minister issued Decree No. 1142 to modify the same Bylaw (mentioned above) by adding Faculties of Dentistry, Pharmacy, Law, Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine and Education in Kafr El-Sheikh and the Higher Institute of Nursing (affiliated to Faculty of Medicine) to Tanta University. Moreover, upon this Decree, Menoufia University was declared to be an independent university. Therefore, Faculties of Engineering and Technology in Shebeen El-Kom, Electronic Engineering in Menouf, and Education and Agriculture in Shebeen El-Kom were cancelled from Tanta University.
In 1981, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt issued Decree No. 278 to establish a branch of Tanta University in Kafr El-Sheikh, which included Faculties of Agriculture and Education. Then, in 1990, he issued another Decree to move Faculty of Veterinary Medicine to Tanta University branch in Kafr El-Sheikh.
In 1994, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt issued Decree No. 287 to add Faculty of Physical Education (males/females) to Tanta University. Then, in 1996, the Minister of Higher Education issued Decree No. 1661 to set up the bylaws of the Technical Institution of Nursing, which is affiliated to Faculty of Medicine, Tanta University.
In 1998, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt issued Decree No. 329 to add Faculty of Specific Education to Tanta University and another one to the University branch of Kafr El-Sheikh.
In 2000, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt issued Decree No. 200 to make the Higher Institute of Nursing independent from Faculty of Medicine.
In 2006, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt issued Decree No. 129 to cancel the branch of Tanta University in Kafr El-Sheikh and establish Kafr El-Shiekh University. It is worthy mentioning that Tanta University played an essential role in establishing that new university.
(The number of Tanta University faculties reached 13 in addition to a technical institute and 37 special units)
Il 20 Novembre 2017 alla Camera dei Deputati è stato presentato il "Progetto Samira", realizzato dall'associazione Di.Re ed UNHCR, che Cuam University Foundation ha pubblicato attraverso il suo canale editoriale Cuam University Press....
Accueil > Recherches > Publications scientifiques > Publications scientifiques 2010 vendredi 12 juin 2015, par Webmaster LES PUBLICATIONS SCIENTIFIQUES 2010 • Andriamira R, Ratrimoarivony C, Rakotomanga JDM : ...